Friday, October 29, 2010

3 Months old?!? How can it be?

My little love is already 3 months old! I cannot believe how fast time is flying. He seems like such a big boy now - definitely grew out of the newborn stage. He is "talking" like crazy to everyone around and HATES to be laying down. Now that he has learned about holding our hands to sit up or stand, he is always trying to get himself upright. He is growing out of his clothes SO fast and I can only imagine how much he weighs now. He feels so heavy to me. He is grabbing at his toys and especially loves his whoozit and this one ring rattle that he just shakes around constantly. He still loves his swing and is now more into his bouncy seat too. Every time we put him in there he SCREAMS and then we look at him and realize he has a huge grin on his face and is having a ball. His other new "trick" is spinning himself around on the floor. I will set him on his playmat and walk awat or turn around, and when I come back, he has done some 180 degree pivot or is off the mat altogether! haha.
He is still a decent sleeper and even though he still wakes up once and then is up at the crack of dawn, I am ok with that, because bedtime is so easy for us. Every night we get him fed, change him, get him in his jammies, read a story, swaddle him up, kiss him goodnight, set him in bed, and that is that. He puts himself to sleep with zero fuss and has since birth - how lucky are we?! I am thoroughly enjoying it because I know that bedtime won't always be this blissful. And every morning is always so nice. Even if I am insanely exhausted and can't believe he wants me to be awake at 6am, he always has the BIGGEST smile on his face and just wants to cuddle up with mommy in bed. Every day he seems to get stronger and smarter and more like a real live person (haha) and it is so so SO fun to watch him change. It does make me a little sad that he isn't that tiny sleepy immobile baby anymore but seeing him grow up already has been incredible. I think Chris is getting sick of me saying "Chris, we have such a perfect little baby," every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment