Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grunty Gus the Chunky Monkey

So, literally - day and night - all Cyler does is grunt! He doesn't make pretty little baby noises - he just grunts allllll the time. My little baby sounds like a goat! We don't sleep much around here - not because he is not sleeping well - because he still pretty much wakes up once in the middle of the night - but because he grunts! I am almost afraid he might have a little reflux because of the grunting and his tendency to spit up mass quantities, but for the most part he a pretty happy baby and is gaining weight like gang busters. At the breastfeeding support group yesterday, we weighed him, fed him, and weighed him again, to see how much he gets at a feeding. Well, his beginning weight was 10 lb. 5 oz.! Lordy! I was shocked! He is definitely getting enough of mama's milk! Then, to show just how much, after his feeding, his weight was 10 lb. 10 oz.!! Our little chunky monkey is getting 5 ounces at a feeding.....much more than I thought he was getting and much more than most babies. But, apparently I can't overfeed him right now so he is just a healthy growing boy! It was very reassuring to know that I am definitely producing enough and doing everything right. I think he might be going through some sort of growth spurt at the moment though because he definitely seems hungry more often and is eating for longer spurts....and today Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky CyCy was a mess! He decided he did not need to nap today for more than 10 minutes at a time and was definitely fussier than normal. He ate tons though and doesn't seem to be spitting up as much so that's good and he seems to be settling down this afternoon - of course - right as Chris gets home! Cy seems to always do better in the afternoon and evenings than int he morning and early afternoon - so when Chris comes home to a frazzled mommy and a happy quiet baby I'm sure he thinks I am being dramatic haha!
On another note - I am trying to learn how to do this blogging stuff better - my layout isn't very fun and creative and I am definitely not technologically advanced enough to figure out how to make it better - so any help and pointers would be great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment